Dermal Fillers have a wide variety of applications
Like most people, you probably think of fillers as a treatment for facial wrinkles. However, fillers are far more versatile than that. In reality, they’re used to treat a wide variety of concerns. Read on to learn the surprising uses for fillers.
Where Can Dermal Fillers Be Injected?
Fillers can be used to treat several different areas, including:
- Above the Knees: Skin can sag around the knee area, particularly if someone’s lost a lot of weight. Fortunately, fillers can plump up knees, making them look much smoother.
- Hands: As we age, the skin on the hands can appear veiny and crepe-like. Fillers can add volume to hands, giving them a more youthful appearance.
- Jawline: To reduce the appearance of jowls, fillers can be added along the jawline and sides of the face. This “lifts” the face, making it look younger.
- Nose: Some individuals with prominent nose bumps opt to get fillers to minimize the appearance of a bump. The bump becomes far less noticeable by injecting a small amount of filler above and below the bump.
- Buttocks: Over time, butts tend to flatten and dimple. However, a filler can smooth the area, giving butts a sleeker look.
- Temples: As we age, our temples tend to become more hollow. This can be minimized with fillers.
- Neck. Horizontal necklines become more common as we age. Worse still, they can be a shocking contrast to an unlined face. Fortunately, fillers can be used to add volume to those necklines, reducing their appearance.
- Depressed Scars: Scars caused by surgery can have a flattened look next to the surrounding skin. We can add volume to scars with fillers, making them less noticeable.
- Nasolabial Folds: Nasolabial folds are the lines that start to appear between the nose and corners of the mouth as people get older. We can smooth out these lines with fillers, giving people a more youthful appearance.
- Marionette Lines: The lines that run from the corners of the mouth down to the chin are sometimes referred to as marionette lines. We can use fillers to plump up these lines, minimizing their appearance.
- Dark Circles: Dark circles give a hollow, sleep-deprived look. Fortunately, fillers can improve the appearance of dark circles by adding more volume to the thin under-eye area.
Which Types of Fillers Does Essential Aesthetics Use?
At Essential Aesthetics, we use some different fillers, including:
- The Juvéderm family of fillers
- Restylane and Restylane Lyft
We suggest a filler type for you during a consultation based on your budget and treatment goals.
How Can I Schedule a Consultation for Fillers at Essential Aesthetics?
If you’d like to learn what dermal fillers can do for you, it’s easy to request a consultation with Essential Aesthetics. Simply call us at 925.855.1773 or submit your request online.
We’re pleased to offer early evening and weekend appointments.
Our Danville medical spa is conveniently located just a few blocks from I-680 and offers ample free parking.