Treat your skin with dermaplaning which is an aesthetic technique that gently scrapes the superficial skin layers using a sterile surgical knife. Dermaplaning is used to exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells and fine vellus hair, sometimes known as “peach fuzz,” leaving you with a lovely glow!
After Dermaplaning treatment your skin will feel brighter and smoother, making applying other skincare and makeup easier.
How does dermaplaning work?
Before dermaplaning treatment, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed to eliminate any makeup or oils. A solution will be applied to the skin to help the scalpel glide smoothly. The skin’s surface will then be meticulously scraped at a 45-degree angle by your skincare specialist using a small, sterilized scalpel. Following the dermaplaning procedure, the skin may be moisturized and protected with a calming moisturizer or other skincare products.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
- Hair removal: Since the technique removes fine facial hair, the skin may appear smoother.
- Exfoliation: Removing dead skin cells can result in a smoother, brighter complexion.
- Product absorption: Skincare products can infiltrate the skin more efficiently when the outer layer of dead skin is removed.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines: Dermaplaning has been found to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving a more youthful appearance in certain cases.
- Even skin tone: Dermaplaning can improve skin tone by removing surface irregularities and pigmented areas.
Who is a good candidate for dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning can be beneficial to a wide range of people. It’s worth a try if you want a brighter, healthier complexion. It’s also safe if you’re pregnant and want to look amazing without using chemicals.
If you have active or cystic acne, thick or coarse facial hair, psoriasis, or eczema in the treatment area, we do not recommend dermaplaning. A consultation is an excellent way to find out if dermaplaning treatments are suited for you.
What can I expect after dermaplaning?
After dermaplaning, you can expect immediate improvements in the appearance of your skin. The best part about dermaplaning is that it is a non-invasive treatment with minimal downtime. You can easily resume your normal activities right after the procedure.
A few individuals may experience slight redness, similar to what occurs after exfoliation. This is typically temporary and should subside within a few hours. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent any sun damage and maintain the results. To prevent irritation, it is advisable to avoid using abrasive or harsh skincare products in the days following dermaplaning.