What is Micro-Botox
Micro-Botox (also known as Meso Botox or intradermal Botox) is the injection of neuromodulators such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® into the inner layer of the skin to treat skin creepiness, rosacea, acne, oil production, and much more. Like Botox treatments, you will receive botulinum toxin injections to the skin; however, the solution is much more diluted.
Essential Aesthetics is proud to be one of the first medical spas in the Bay Area to offer this treatment to our patients.
How Does It Work
When injected, Micro-Botox causes your sweat and sebaceous glands to shrink, visibly reducing pore size. This causes the skin to appear smoother, clearer, and less oily. Unlike regular Botox or Dysport injections, Micro-Botox is injected superficially, so there is no loss of movement or a “frozen” look on the face. Instead, it works underneath the skin’s surface to fill out lines, wrinkles, and even cellulite.
Am I A Candidate for Micro-Botox?
If you suffer from any of the following skin concerns, Micro-Botox may be the right treatment for you:
- Oily/Acne-Prone Skin: For those with large pores and oily skin, Meso-Botox causes them to shrink, making the skin smoother, clearer, and less oily.
- Acne Scarring: When injected into the borders of acne scars, Micro-Botox relaxes the edges of the scars, making them less visible.
- Skin Crepiness: Crepey skin can form anywhere on the body but is most noticeable around the eyes, neck, decolletage, and above the elbows and knees. Unlike regular Botox injections, Micro-Botox can treat crepey skin because it helps relax the superficial fibers of the muscle that create the appearance of crepey skin.
- Lines and/or Wrinkles: Although conventional Botox treats dynamic lines and wrinkles, some patients prefer Micro-Botox treatment because it does not create a frozen look.
- Jowls: As we age, our skin loses elasticity, especially in the lower face. When injected into these areas, Meso-Botox creates a lift in the jowls, making the jawline more prominent and reducing the appearance of sagging in the lower face.
- Cellulite: Cellulite is part of women’s biology; nine out of 10 women have it. Meso-Botox helps fill in the cellulite, so it is not as noticeable and helps with circulation in the treated area.
- Rosacea: Micro-Botox is also an effective treatment for rosacea because it interferes with the blood vessels’ ability to dilate, slowing blood flow to the skin, and reducing redness and flushing.
What To Expect
At the time of your consultation, Dr. Ellie Zarnegar DMSc, PA will discuss any concerns about your skin to determine if Micro Botox is the right treatment for you. She will then use a tiny needle to administer the product just below the skin’s surface. Depending on the treatment area, the treatment can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes. The treatment typically lasts between 3-4 months but varies from patient to patient.
Get Micro-Botox Injections In Danville, CA
Considering Micro-Botox? Our Danville office is perfectly situated for clients from Livermore, Alamo, Blackhawk, San Ramon, and elsewhere in the Bay Area. Schedule a consultation with us and we can help you determine which treatment is best for your skin. You can also call or text us at 925.855.1773 to learn more about our services!