Restylane has been widely used for over two decades in the United States and has helped people all over the world achieve a natural look they love. By adding volume and fullness to the skin, it helps to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth. This FDA-approved treatment is a “wrinkle-erasing” option that offers immediate results.
As we age, different parts of the face lose shape and fullness – leading to lines, wrinkles, and a less youthful appearance. In many cases, this is because our bodies aren’t producing as much hyaluronic acid (HA) as they used to. HA attracts moisture, and less of it means that our features begin to sag and droop.
Restylane is a line of dermal fillers that are comprised of HA, a naturally occurring substance in the body. When this clear gel is injected beneath the skin, it restores volume loss and creates a more youthful appearance.
There are several Restylane fillers that make up the Restylane family, and these various fillers are comprised of different-sized particles. For instance, a filler with finer particles is typically used to treat fine lines, whereas a filler with larger particles is more likely to be used on severe wrinkles and to correct greater volume loss.
Where Wrinkles Can Occur?
Loss of collagen, thinning of underlying fat, and decreasing bone volume can lead to a reduction of volume in the cheeks, giving a sunken appearance.
Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
Through volume loss and aging over time, the skin of our cheeks may drape over to become nasolabial folds, creating a tired-looking face with wrinkles between the nose and mouth.
As we age, our lips may lose shape and there can be an increase in small vertical lines around the mouth, while the corners sag.
As part of the natural aging process, volume in the hands deteriorates over time making the veins, tendons, and bones become more visible.
Restylane Can Treat
Each filler in the Restylane family is used to treat different concerns:
- Restylane –The most well-known filler, Restylane can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, like the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Restylane Refyne – The first signs of smile lines around the mouth (“smoker lines” or “rhytid lines”) can cause an aged appearance. Restylane Refyne helps soften and smooth them out while also allowing you to retain your natural expression.
- Restylane Silk –This filler can be used not only to add volume to the lips but also to smooth wrinkling around patients’ mouths. This filler is designed with precision to smooth out and deliver subtle enhancement of fuller lips with natural-looking results.
- Restylane Defyne – Deeper, thicker nasolabial folds need correction that restores a more youthful appearance to the face with flexibility and natural expression. Restylane Defyne helps smooth out deep folds and wrinkles such as marionette lines, chin lines, and nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Lyft –Volume loss is a telltale indicator of aging. Restylane Lyft corrects this loss by adding volume and projection to the cheeks and midface, creating a natural, lifted look. Restylane Lyft can also help you achieve natural-looking volume for your hands. Over time, volume loss in the hands make them appear aged, but this filler helps add fullness back to the hands for a youthful-looking appearance
- Restylane Kysse – The newest FDA-approved HA lip filler, Kysse is designed to enhance lip volume while minimizing the appearance of fine lines above the upper lip. This filler is the first HA filler formulated with XpresHAn Technology™ which is designed for excellent tissue integration. With Restylane Kysse, your lips will look fuller and softer!
Does Restylane Last?
The length of time you can expect your Restylane results to last varies, depending on the area you have treated and the type of filler used. For instance, nasolabial fold or marionette line treatments may last 12-18 months, whereas treatment for the back of the hands may last about 6 months. Restylane Kysse has been clinically proven to last up to a year.
Restylane Is For?
Most people are a good candidate for Restylane, however, it is up to your aesthetic provider to determine if Restylane fillers are the appropriate treatment for you.
To determine which Restylane family filler is right for you, schedule a consultation with our expert injector, Dr. Ellie Zarnegar. During your appointment, Dr. Ellie will evaluate your areas of concern and determine which filler is right for you.
Experience with Restylane
After your thorough consultation, Dr. Ellie will come up with a customized treatment plan for you. A topical anesthetic may be applied depending on the type of filler used and each individual’s sensitivity to pain. After 15-20 minutes of applying the topical anesthetic, Dr. Ellie will cleanse the treatment area, before making a series of injections using a fine needle. Most dermal fillers contain lidocaine, making the injections relatively painless and comfortable. This process typically takes 30-45 minutes and the results are immediate!
After treatment, you may experience some swelling or bruising, but they should subside within a week after treatment. Should you have any adverse side effects such as nodules or swelling that are not resolved with massaging the treated area, please contact our office.
Get the rewards you deserve! Join ASPIRE Galderma Rewards for free to receive exclusive points and discounts.