JUVÉDERM is an FDA-approved injectable filler that uses a gel formulation of hyaluronic acid (HA) to fill lines, wrinkles, and areas in need of volume. At Essential Aesthetics, Dr. Ellie Zarnegar uses JUVÉDERM to treat the following concerns:
- Nasolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Lip Lines
- Jawline/Chin Enhancement
- Depressed scars, such as those caused by surgery
- Atrophy of the face caused by illness or age
- Nasal Bridge (“Liquid Rhinoplasty” or “Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”)
JUVÉDERM fillers are uniquely designed to give you more volume where you need it. It is a smooth, clear gel that contains a modified form of HA, a naturally occurring sugar found in your body. JUVÉDERM has a wide range of filler options for the cheeks, lips, and other lines to create instant, natural, and long-lasting results.
Each filler in the JUVÉDERM collection is used for different concerns:
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE – Do lines around your nose and mouth bother you? This filler is used to add subtle volume to smooth deeper facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds for up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA – If you experience a lack of fullness in the lips, VOLBELLA is a great option for you. This filler adds subtle volume to the lips and softens and smooths the appearance of lines above the lips. Results last up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM ULTRA/ULTRA PLUS – If you are concerned about moderate to severe wrinkles/lines around the nose and mouth, JUVÉDERM ULTRA PLUS adds volume to fill lines and wrinkles. This filler can be used to give you a natural-looking plump up the lips and correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It delivers soft, smooth, and natural-looking results for up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA – If you are worried about flattened cheeks or sagging or drooping skin in the cheek area, this is the filler for you! JUVÉDERM VOLUMA is the first and only FDA-approved filler to correct age-related volume loss in the midface for a lift and adds volume to contour the cheek area. VOLUMA can also be used for the chin to help achieve a natural-looking contour in the lower face. Results may last up to 2 years.
JUVÉDERM Is For
If you want natural-looking, long-lasting results, the JUVÉDERM collection of fillers are a perfect treatment for you. With JUVÉDERM, there is a wide range of possibilities for you including enhancements of the jawline, chin, lips, and cheeks.
To determine which JUVÉDERM family filler is right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Ellie Zarnegar. During your appointment, Dr. Ellie will evaluate your areas of concern and determine which filler is right for you.
After your consultation, Dr. Ellie will come up with a customized treatment plan for you. A topical anesthetic may be applied depending on the type of filler used and each individual’s sensitivity to pain. After 15-20 minutes of applying the topical anesthetic, Dr. Ellie will cleanse the treatment area, before making a series of injections using a fine needle. Most dermal fillers contain lidocaine, making the injections relatively painless and comfortable. This process typically takes 30-45 minutes and the results are immediate.
After receiving filler injections, common side effects include redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, lumps/bumps, firmness, bruising, discoloration, and itching. These symptoms should subside within 1-2 weeks. Should you have any adverse side effects such as nodules or swelling that are not resolved with massaging the treated area, please contact our office at 925.855.1773.